Salesforce Lightning consists of a component framework and a suite of tools and services, including:
- Lightning Schema Builder (GA) - model your business using Standard & Custom objects
- Lightning Process Builder (GA) - define workflow visually
- Lightning App Builder (Pilot) - assemble your app from components and workflows
- Lightning Connect (GA) - access external data using the OData protocol
- Lightning Components (Beta) - standard & custom components provide an eeasy way to add functionality to your apps
- AppExchange Component Marketplace - get component from the wider Salesforce community & distribute your own components.
- To provide standard & custom components that minimising the effort required to construct apps for any device on the Salesforce Platform.
- To provide a suite of tools that allow you to assemble apps without the need to code.
- To provide a component framework so bespoke functionality can be added to your apps in a consistent way.
Sign up for a new Developer Org for these tutorials
- Lightning Intro screencasts
- Lightning Component SalesforceU training video
- Lightning Product leaders, Doug & Skip, at Dreamforce 2014
- Technology Flows blog - articles on Process Builder and Salesforce Flow
- Lightning Components reference guide (pdf)
- Aura Framework documents - these are contained in the Developer Org, simple add
auradocsto the URL of your Org, after the domain name -
- Sublime Lightning - plugin for SublimeText (required Force CLI)
- Salesforce1 Simulator - Google Chrome plugin for emulating Salesforce1 App on your desktop
- Lightning trivia game
- What is the difference between workflows, flows & processes?
- process builder is built on visual workflow logic, yet offers a modern UI built with lightning components. Process builder may eventually replace visual workflow tool (flash based)
- where do flows fit in though ?