Heroku Metrics system is designed to make it simple for you to analyze and optimize performance of your applications on Heroku. It provides a unified view of the data most relevant performance characteristics:
- Throughput: requests per minute segmented by HTTP status codes (OK vs. Failed) per time period.
- Response Time: both the median and 95th percentile response times per time period.
- Errors: platform error codes are interpolated with the rest of your time series data for better understanding of causality.
- Memory: visualise the memory utilization to assessing capacity, find memory leaks, or identify performance degradation due to swap.
- CPU Load: track load especially when processing intensive workloads, or running high levels of in-process parallelism.
Metrics requires two or more dynos to be running on your app. You also need to run your application on load for a while to build up metrics data.
There are load and stress testing services available at addons.heroku.com